Ventura County News
Man steals U-Haul rental truck in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 43-year-old man is facing vehicle theft charges after reportedly stealing a rental truck from a U-Haul in Ventura.
The incident occurred at the U-Haul business located in the 1300 block of East Thompson Boulevard around 7:30 p.m. Friday.
According to authorities, U-Haul truck employees were preparing the vehicle for rental in the business' parking lot when the robbery occurred. Gary Ogden entered the truck, located a set of keys, and drove off.
Employees quickly reported the theft to the Ventura Police Department who obtained a description of the stolen rental truck and of Ogden.
Approximately three hours after the theft occurred, an officer spotted the stolen truck traveling southbound on Victoria Avenue.
The officer called for backup and proceeded to follow the stolen truck as it entered the westbound 126 Freeway and continued on the northbound 101 Freeway. Additional officers who responded to assist stopped the truck at the Main Street onramp.
Ogden was arrested and booked at the Ventura County jail on vehicle theft and two outstanding warrants.
The rental truck was released to the U-Haul business.
arrest, ventura county news
- Grapevine slowly reopens with CHP escorts 1 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown 39 min ago
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?