Ventura County News
2 men arrested for residential burglaries in Thousand Oaks
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Thousand Oaks police said two men were arrested in connection to residential burglaries in the Newbury Park area.
Arturo Fuentes, 20, of Oxnard, was arrested Monday after officers responded to a call about a break-in on the 700 block of Capitan Street. The resident who made the call said a man wearing all black clothing was inside his house. When authorities arrived, they searched the area and found Fuentes riding a stolen bicycle in the neighborhood. They said there was cause for them to believe he was responsible for the burglary.
Later in the morning, two additional residential burglaries and two stolen vehicles were reported. The incidents occurred within a short distance of Capitan Street. An officer with the Oxnard Police Department spotted one of the stolen vehicles in his jurisdiction. Guillermo Garcia, 22, of Oxnard was arrested for theft of a vehicle and residential burglary.
Fuentes and Garcia are being held in the Ventura County Jail, pending their arraignments.
arrest, ventura county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)