Ventura County News
2 men arrested for residential burglaries in Thousand Oaks
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Thousand Oaks police said two men were arrested in connection to residential burglaries in the Newbury Park area.
Arturo Fuentes, 20, of Oxnard, was arrested Monday after officers responded to a call about a break-in on the 700 block of Capitan Street. The resident who made the call said a man wearing all black clothing was inside his house. When authorities arrived, they searched the area and found Fuentes riding a stolen bicycle in the neighborhood. They said there was cause for them to believe he was responsible for the burglary.
Later in the morning, two additional residential burglaries and two stolen vehicles were reported. The incidents occurred within a short distance of Capitan Street. An officer with the Oxnard Police Department spotted one of the stolen vehicles in his jurisdiction. Guillermo Garcia, 22, of Oxnard was arrested for theft of a vehicle and residential burglary.
Fuentes and Garcia are being held in the Ventura County Jail, pending their arraignments.
arrest, ventura county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero' 1 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour