Ventura County News
Newbury Park financial planner accused of embezzlement
NEWBURY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Newbury Park financial planner was arrested for allegedly embezzling money from an elderly client.
Last October, a family member of the victim contacted the Ventura County Sheriff's Office, saying Rod Hormell was embezzling money from the 89-year-old victim. Hormell was working as the victim's financial planner at the time.
Upon further investigation, detectives found sufficient evidence to arrest Hormell for financial elder abuse and money laundering. The 56-year-old was arrested on Tuesday at his home in the 900 block of Broadbeck Drive in Newbury Park.
Authorities fear there may be more victims. If you have further information about Hormell, you're urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
arrest, ventura county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)