Ventura County News
Newbury Park financial planner accused of embezzlement
NEWBURY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Newbury Park financial planner was arrested for allegedly embezzling money from an elderly client.
Last October, a family member of the victim contacted the Ventura County Sheriff's Office, saying Rod Hormell was embezzling money from the 89-year-old victim. Hormell was working as the victim's financial planner at the time.
Upon further investigation, detectives found sufficient evidence to arrest Hormell for financial elder abuse and money laundering. The 56-year-old was arrested on Tuesday at his home in the 900 block of Broadbeck Drive in Newbury Park.
Authorities fear there may be more victims. If you have further information about Hormell, you're urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
arrest, ventura county news
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial 20 min ago
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario 32 min ago
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 53 min ago
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city 38 min ago
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
59 min ago