Ventura County News
Santa Paula sexual assault suspect sought
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a man who sexually assaulted a woman in an unincorporated area within Ventura County.
The attack occurred around 3 a.m. on Feb. 26 on Peck Road near Santa Paula Street, located west of the city of Santa Paula.
Investigators say the suspect sexually assaulted the woman before fleeing south toward Main Street. The victim said she saw the suspect near an orchard before the attack.
He was described as a Hispanic man with a round face, chubby cheeks, and discolored teeth, between the ages of 35 and 45 years old. He was last seen wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt and faded blue jeans. The suspect appeared to be clean shaven during the attack.
Anyone with information regarding the assault was urged to contact Detective Christine Rettura at (805) 384-4741.
sex crimes, sexual assault, ventura county news
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- Bariatric surgery improves health over years 8 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Nativity scene stolen from Temecula yard
49 min ago