Ventura County News
3 teens arrested after pot-laced chocolate hospitalizes student
EL RIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man was arrested Wednesday for furnishing marijuana-laced chocolate to a minor who then sold the product to another minor.
A 15-year-old female student at Rio Mesa High School in Oxnard was hospitalized after ingesting the chocolate. The girl was discovered unresponsive and incoherent on the school campus about 11:15 a.m. Wednesday. She was transported to Saint John's Hospital, where she was treated, released and later arrested.
Ventura County sheriff's investigators determined 19-year-old Kelvin Rodriguez gave the marijuana-laced chocolate to a 14-year-old male juvenile, who then sold the brownie to the 15-year-old girl. She then reportedly shared it with three other juvenile students.
Rodriguez, who had an outstanding felony warrant, was arrested Wednesday at his residence for sales of marijuana and using a minor to sell a controlled substance. The 14-year-old male juvenile was arrested for sales of marijuana. The female student was arrested for furnishing marijuana.
Rodriguez was booked at the Ventura County Main Jail. The male juvenile was booked at the Juvenile Justice Center.
arrest, marijuana, ventura county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 4 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 57 min ago
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 22 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 28 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Kansas Jewish center reopens after shooting 5 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break