Ventura County News
3 teens arrested after pot-laced chocolate hospitalizes student
EL RIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man was arrested Wednesday for furnishing marijuana-laced chocolate to a minor who then sold the product to another minor.
A 15-year-old female student at Rio Mesa High School in Oxnard was hospitalized after ingesting the chocolate. The girl was discovered unresponsive and incoherent on the school campus about 11:15 a.m. Wednesday. She was transported to Saint John's Hospital, where she was treated, released and later arrested.
Ventura County sheriff's investigators determined 19-year-old Kelvin Rodriguez gave the marijuana-laced chocolate to a 14-year-old male juvenile, who then sold the brownie to the 15-year-old girl. She then reportedly shared it with three other juvenile students.
Rodriguez, who had an outstanding felony warrant, was arrested Wednesday at his residence for sales of marijuana and using a minor to sell a controlled substance. The 14-year-old male juvenile was arrested for sales of marijuana. The female student was arrested for furnishing marijuana.
Rodriguez was booked at the Ventura County Main Jail. The male juvenile was booked at the Juvenile Justice Center.
arrest, marijuana, ventura county news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 25 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 20 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 10 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis