Ventura County News
Ventura alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two people were busted in a sting targeting people buying alcohol for minors after police set-up underage decoys in Ventura Friday.
The decoys asked people entering a store to buy them alcohol. Michael Lucero, 57, and Jansen Drexler, 27, both of Ventura, furnished alcohol to the decoy and were placed under arrest.
Operation "Shoulder Tap" is sponsored by the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control and involves nearly 100 law enforcement agencies in the state of California.
The penalty for furnishing alcohol to a minor is a minimum $1,000 fine plus 24 hours of community service.
The most recent alcohol related crash statistics show that 107 Californians under the age of 21 died in alcohol related crashes in 2010.
arrest, ventura county news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 19 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 36 min ago
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report