Ventura County News
2 DUI arrests, 1 concealed weapon in 3 hit-run crashes
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura Police responded to three separate hit-and-run vehicle collision reports Thursday night. Two people were caught and arrested for driving under the influence. In one of the incidents, three suspects seen leaving the scene of the crime were not located.
All three incidents occurred between 10:14 p.m. and 10:54 p.m., police said.
A white Corvette reportedly struck an unoccupied vehicle on the 1400 block of Dudley Avenue and then crashed into a fence at Junipero Serra School at about 10:15 p.m., according to police.
Witnesses said three people exited the vehicle and fled on foot. Officers were unable to find them. Witnesses told police the car had been driving recklessly in the area just before the collisions.
Minutes later hit-and-run collisions were reported on the 300 block of East Main Street. A witness reported a dark-colored sedan had struck several unoccupied parked vehicles on the street. Police say the driver continued driving westward without stopping.
Officers located the vehicle and driver on the 800 block of West Main St. Ventura resident Toni Hicks, 42, was arrested for hit-and-run and driving under the influence.
A third hit-and-run report was reported on the 5000 block of Olivas Park Drive. The reporting party told police his vehicle was struck by a white SUV, which then continued driving eastbound on Olivas Park. The vehicle was located by officers and stopped on the 3000 block of Johnson Drive.
Port Hueneme resident Bridgette Gutzmer, 33, was arrested for driving under the influence, hit and run and carrying a concealed loaded handgun.
The investigations were ongoing. Anyone with information related to these crimes was urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4343, or make an anonymous call to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. If your information leads to an arrest, you could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000.
arrest, dui, hit and run, ventura county news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 53 min ago
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors 39 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan