Ventura County News
Ventura suspected prowlers sought by police
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura residents are being warned to watch out for two burglary suspects that are allegedly on the prowl in their neighborhood.
According to authorities, two suspects attempted to break into a home on the 7900 block of Hermosa Street around 10:39 p.m. Sunday.
Police responded to the report of a prowler but were unable to locate any suspects.
The victim told officers that he and his wife were asleep in their bedroom when they heard the gate to their side yard open and the voices of at least two people talking to each other. That's when the suspects attempted to open the side garage door but fled when the victim's dog began barking from inside the garage.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information related to this incident was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
burglary, ventura county news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 42 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour