Ventura County News
Ventura suspected prowlers sought by police
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura residents are being warned to watch out for two burglary suspects that are allegedly on the prowl in their neighborhood.
According to authorities, two suspects attempted to break into a home on the 7900 block of Hermosa Street around 10:39 p.m. Sunday.
Police responded to the report of a prowler but were unable to locate any suspects.
The victim told officers that he and his wife were asleep in their bedroom when they heard the gate to their side yard open and the voices of at least two people talking to each other. That's when the suspects attempted to open the side garage door but fled when the victim's dog began barking from inside the garage.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information related to this incident was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
burglary, ventura county news
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought 21 min ago
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 20 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis