Ventura County News
Woman arrested for DUI after Ventura pursuit
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was arrested after leading Ventura police on a pursuit Sunday.
Police said the incident started around 4 p.m. near the intersection of Pierpont Boulevard and Seaward Avenue. An officer tried to pull over 47-year-old Jessica Ryan for an equipment violation on her vehicle, but she failed to stop.
Ryan let a male passenger out at the corner of Harbor Boulevard and Seaward Avenue and then continued driving. She led officers on several streets throughout the industrial area near the Ventura Auto Center.
Investigators said Ryan suddenly stopped on the 2900 block of Seaborg Avenue, got out of the vehicle, started threatening officers and making suicidal statements. She was eventually taken into custody.
After being treated at Ventura County Medical Center for her injuries, Ryan was booked for felony evading, driving under the influence and resisting arrest.
pursuit, ventura county news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event