Ventura County News
Moorpark vandalism crime spree: teen arrested
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Moorpark police said they arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection to a vandalism crime spree.
Officials said it was the fourth arrest in the past four weeks involving graffiti. They said that over the past three months, a suspect using a moniker spray-painted several walls throughout the city, causing thousands of dollars of damage.
Investigators said they searched the 16-year-old suspect's home on March 30 and found evidence linking him to multiple vandalism incidents.
While at the home, police also arrested four adults -- 48-year-old Stephanie Hastin, 44-year-old Debra Rios, 27-year-old Angel Cota and 38-year-old Nichole Heumann -- for allegedly being under the influence of a controlled substance. Authorities said Cota was also found to be in possession of a controlled substance.
The 16-year-old was arrested for two felony counts of vandalism, one misdemeanor count of possession of vandalism tools, and violation of probation. He was released to an adult guardian.
arrest, vandalism, ventura county news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 1 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 44 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
4 min ago
- Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
3 min ago