Ventura County News
Moorpark vandalism crime spree: teen arrested
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Moorpark police said they arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection to a vandalism crime spree.
Officials said it was the fourth arrest in the past four weeks involving graffiti. They said that over the past three months, a suspect using a moniker spray-painted several walls throughout the city, causing thousands of dollars of damage.
Investigators said they searched the 16-year-old suspect's home on March 30 and found evidence linking him to multiple vandalism incidents.
While at the home, police also arrested four adults -- 48-year-old Stephanie Hastin, 44-year-old Debra Rios, 27-year-old Angel Cota and 38-year-old Nichole Heumann -- for allegedly being under the influence of a controlled substance. Authorities said Cota was also found to be in possession of a controlled substance.
The 16-year-old was arrested for two felony counts of vandalism, one misdemeanor count of possession of vandalism tools, and violation of probation. He was released to an adult guardian.
arrest, vandalism, ventura county news
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 3 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 23 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution 44 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015 10 min ago
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts 8 min ago