Ventura County News
Moorpark vandalism crime spree: teen arrested
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Moorpark police said they arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection to a vandalism crime spree.
Officials said it was the fourth arrest in the past four weeks involving graffiti. They said that over the past three months, a suspect using a moniker spray-painted several walls throughout the city, causing thousands of dollars of damage.
Investigators said they searched the 16-year-old suspect's home on March 30 and found evidence linking him to multiple vandalism incidents.
While at the home, police also arrested four adults -- 48-year-old Stephanie Hastin, 44-year-old Debra Rios, 27-year-old Angel Cota and 38-year-old Nichole Heumann -- for allegedly being under the influence of a controlled substance. Authorities said Cota was also found to be in possession of a controlled substance.
The 16-year-old was arrested for two felony counts of vandalism, one misdemeanor count of possession of vandalism tools, and violation of probation. He was released to an adult guardian.
arrest, vandalism, ventura county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 46 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 5 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 44 min ago
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 44 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 42 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks