Ventura County News
Moorpark vandalism crime spree: teen arrested
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Moorpark police said they arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection to a vandalism crime spree.
Officials said it was the fourth arrest in the past four weeks involving graffiti. They said that over the past three months, a suspect using a moniker spray-painted several walls throughout the city, causing thousands of dollars of damage.
Investigators said they searched the 16-year-old suspect's home on March 30 and found evidence linking him to multiple vandalism incidents.
While at the home, police also arrested four adults -- 48-year-old Stephanie Hastin, 44-year-old Debra Rios, 27-year-old Angel Cota and 38-year-old Nichole Heumann -- for allegedly being under the influence of a controlled substance. Authorities said Cota was also found to be in possession of a controlled substance.
The 16-year-old was arrested for two felony counts of vandalism, one misdemeanor count of possession of vandalism tools, and violation of probation. He was released to an adult guardian.
arrest, vandalism, ventura county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero' 52 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour