Ventura County News
Hit-and-run driver flees scene after causing multi-car crash in Moorpark
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for a driver who fled the scene after causing a multi-car crash that injured three people in Moorpark.
The incident occurred on Arroyo Drive, located east of Collins Drive, in the city of Moorpark around 5:21 p.m. Friday.
The suspect sought by police has been identified as Jayson Jones, 36, of Camarillo. He is reportedly wanted for questioning.
According to authorities, Jones was traveling eastbound on Arroyo Drive with Mary Forrest, 49, of Thousand Oaks in the front passenger seat when he crossed into oncoming traffic.
Jones initially collided into a semi-truck and trailer driven by Angel Esquivel, 54, of Pico Rivera. His car then hit a second vehicle carrying Maria Raya, 60, of Moorpark and her daughter 23-year-old Alexandra.
Once Jones' vehicle came to a stop, the suspect immediately fled the scene on foot.
Forrest, Maria and Alexandra Raya were transported to Los Robles Hospital with moderate injuries. Esquivel was not injured.
Police searched the area for Jones following the collision to no avail.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with any information regarding the suspect or crime was urged to contact the Moorpark Police Department at (800) 532-2700.
car crash, hit and run, ventura county news
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA hospital 18 min ago
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son