Ventura County News
Hit-and-run driver flees scene after causing multi-car crash in Moorpark
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for a driver who fled the scene after causing a multi-car crash that injured three people in Moorpark.
The incident occurred on Arroyo Drive, located east of Collins Drive, in the city of Moorpark around 5:21 p.m. Friday.
The suspect sought by police has been identified as Jayson Jones, 36, of Camarillo. He is reportedly wanted for questioning.
According to authorities, Jones was traveling eastbound on Arroyo Drive with Mary Forrest, 49, of Thousand Oaks in the front passenger seat when he crossed into oncoming traffic.
Jones initially collided into a semi-truck and trailer driven by Angel Esquivel, 54, of Pico Rivera. His car then hit a second vehicle carrying Maria Raya, 60, of Moorpark and her daughter 23-year-old Alexandra.
Once Jones' vehicle came to a stop, the suspect immediately fled the scene on foot.
Forrest, Maria and Alexandra Raya were transported to Los Robles Hospital with moderate injuries. Esquivel was not injured.
Police searched the area for Jones following the collision to no avail.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with any information regarding the suspect or crime was urged to contact the Moorpark Police Department at (800) 532-2700.
car crash, hit and run, ventura county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video