Ventura County News
Hit-and-run driver flees scene after causing multi-car crash in Moorpark
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for a driver who fled the scene after causing a multi-car crash that injured three people in Moorpark.
The incident occurred on Arroyo Drive, located east of Collins Drive, in the city of Moorpark around 5:21 p.m. Friday.
The suspect sought by police has been identified as Jayson Jones, 36, of Camarillo. He is reportedly wanted for questioning.
According to authorities, Jones was traveling eastbound on Arroyo Drive with Mary Forrest, 49, of Thousand Oaks in the front passenger seat when he crossed into oncoming traffic.
Jones initially collided into a semi-truck and trailer driven by Angel Esquivel, 54, of Pico Rivera. His car then hit a second vehicle carrying Maria Raya, 60, of Moorpark and her daughter 23-year-old Alexandra.
Once Jones' vehicle came to a stop, the suspect immediately fled the scene on foot.
Forrest, Maria and Alexandra Raya were transported to Los Robles Hospital with moderate injuries. Esquivel was not injured.
Police searched the area for Jones following the collision to no avail.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with any information regarding the suspect or crime was urged to contact the Moorpark Police Department at (800) 532-2700.
car crash, hit and run, ventura county news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre