Ventura County News
Male, female teens injured in Oxnard shooting
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Two teens were injured in a street shooting in Oxnard Monday night.
Witnesses say a male and female were walking in the area of Devonshire Drive and F Street when three to four Hispanic males confronted them. Words were exchanged and one of the males pulled out a gun and fired at the couple. The group of males fled the area.
Oxnard police officers arrived at about 8 p.m. on the 600 block of Devonshire Dr. The female victim was lying in the street. The male victim was located several blocks away.
The female victim, an 18-year-old Oxnard resident, was treated at the scene and hospitalized at Saint John's Regional Medical Center with a minor gunshot wound in her back. She was listed in stable condition. The wound was not considered life-threatening.
The male victim, a 19-year-old Oxnard resident, sustained several gunshot wounds. He was hospitalized at the Ventura County Medical Center and listed in serious but stable condition. His injuries were not life-threatening, police said.
There were no descriptions of the three to four Hispanic men.
If anyone has information about this incident, they are encouraged to call Oxnard PD at (805) 385-7796. If you wish to remain anonymous you may call the violent crimes hotline at (805) 982-7070 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477. You can also visit Ventura County Crime Stoppers to submit a tip via text or email.
shooting, ventura county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 26 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student 34 min ago
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi 11 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 21 min ago
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: Benedict Cumberbatch recites R. Kelly lyrics