Ventura County News
Ventura County cold-case murder: sketch, details released
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The Ventura County Sheriff's Department is seeking tips to solve a 1980 cold-case murder investigation. The department released details and a sketch of the victim Thursday.
A young woman was murdered and left in the Westlake High School parking lot on June 18, 1980. She died from multiple stab wounds. Evidence suggested the woman was killed at another location and then moved to the parking lot.
The woman was never identified.
Sheriff's investigators said they currently have reason to believe the woman may have been from either the San Fernando Valley or from Kern County.
The Ventura County Cold Case Task Force released details about the unidentified victim and a sketch.
She was described as a Hispanic or Native American woman between 15 and 25 years old, about 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighing about 110-115 pounds. She had brown eyes and black shoulder-length hair with bleached tips. She had shaved eyebrows with penciled brows. She had extensive dental work. She was four months pregnant and had evidence of prior pregnancies.
She was found wearing a white pullover short-sleeve top and a black bra, red corduroy pants and black high-heeled open-toed shoes.
If this looks like someone you may have known, contact the Ventura County Sheriff's Department at (805) 384-4735.
murder, homicide investigation, stabbing, ventura county news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 33 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 21 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis