Ventura County News
Ojai market robbed at gunpoint; suspect sought
OJAI, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a robbery suspect who held up an employee at Starr Market in the city of Ojai in Ventura County Sunday.
The incident happened at the market located in the 130 block of West Ojai Avenue around 9:30 p.m. Authorities said the employee called police reporting the robbery.
The victim had just begun closing the business when the suspect entered the store and approached the victim from behind. The suspect pointed a handgun at the victim and demanded money.
The victim emptied the safe for the suspect who then fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash. No shots were fired and no one was hurt.
Police set up a perimeter to search for the suspect, but he was not located.
He was described as a male standing around 6 feet tall and weighing between 180 and 200 pounds. The suspect was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt and dark pants.
Anyone with any information regarding the robbery was asked to contact the Ojai Police Department at (805) 646-1414.
robbery, ventura county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour