Ventura County News
Ojai market robbed at gunpoint; suspect sought
OJAI, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a robbery suspect who held up an employee at Starr Market in the city of Ojai in Ventura County Sunday.
The incident happened at the market located in the 130 block of West Ojai Avenue around 9:30 p.m. Authorities said the employee called police reporting the robbery.
The victim had just begun closing the business when the suspect entered the store and approached the victim from behind. The suspect pointed a handgun at the victim and demanded money.
The victim emptied the safe for the suspect who then fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash. No shots were fired and no one was hurt.
Police set up a perimeter to search for the suspect, but he was not located.
He was described as a male standing around 6 feet tall and weighing between 180 and 200 pounds. The suspect was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt and dark pants.
Anyone with any information regarding the robbery was asked to contact the Ojai Police Department at (805) 646-1414.
robbery, ventura county news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire 53 min ago
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees