Ventura County News
Ojai market robbed at gunpoint; suspect sought
OJAI, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a robbery suspect who held up an employee at Starr Market in the city of Ojai in Ventura County Sunday.
The incident happened at the market located in the 130 block of West Ojai Avenue around 9:30 p.m. Authorities said the employee called police reporting the robbery.
The victim had just begun closing the business when the suspect entered the store and approached the victim from behind. The suspect pointed a handgun at the victim and demanded money.
The victim emptied the safe for the suspect who then fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash. No shots were fired and no one was hurt.
Police set up a perimeter to search for the suspect, but he was not located.
He was described as a male standing around 6 feet tall and weighing between 180 and 200 pounds. The suspect was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt and dark pants.
Anyone with any information regarding the robbery was asked to contact the Ojai Police Department at (805) 646-1414.
robbery, ventura county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 59 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
24 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
19 min ago