Ventura County News
Man stabbed during fight in Oxnard; suspects sought
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was stabbed Sunday during a fight in Oxnard. Police are looking for possibly two or more suspects.
Shortly before 7:30 p.m., officers responded to a report of a fight involving eight to 10 men in the 1800 block of Ives Avenue.
Police say a number of people fled as officers arrived. The victim, a 21-year-old man, was found stabbed at the scene. He was treated at the Ventura County Medical Center. His injuries were listed as minor to moderate. Police say he is an Oxnard resident.
The suspects were described as two or more males. At least one of the suspects had a knife.
An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 982-7070 or the Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
stabbing, ventura county news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 5 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event