Ventura County News
Simi Valley assault, stabbing likely gang-related, 2 injured
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a juvenile was stabbed and a second assaulted with a baseball bat during a gang-related fight in Simi Valley Saturday.
Police responded to a fight call at the Arroyo Wash located north of Rancho Simi Community Park in the 1700 block of Royal Avenue around 4 p.m.
A citizen reported seeing several gang-related suspects appearing to be posturing for a fight.
As officers arrived, they found a fight in progress. Authorities said a juvenile was assaulted with a baseball bat and a second victim had been stabbed.
Officers located and arrested the juvenile suspect who was assaulting the juvenile with a baseball bat.
The juvenile who was assaulted with the baseball bat was treated for minor injuries and released to a parent. The stabbing victim was transported to a local hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries.
No other information was released. Police are treating the incident as gang-related. Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to contact the Simi Valley Police Department at (805) 583-6950.
fight, arrest, stabbing, gang activity, ventura county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour