Ventura County News
Simi Valley assault, stabbing likely gang-related, 2 injured
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a juvenile was stabbed and a second assaulted with a baseball bat during a gang-related fight in Simi Valley Saturday.
Police responded to a fight call at the Arroyo Wash located north of Rancho Simi Community Park in the 1700 block of Royal Avenue around 4 p.m.
A citizen reported seeing several gang-related suspects appearing to be posturing for a fight.
As officers arrived, they found a fight in progress. Authorities said a juvenile was assaulted with a baseball bat and a second victim had been stabbed.
Officers located and arrested the juvenile suspect who was assaulting the juvenile with a baseball bat.
The juvenile who was assaulted with the baseball bat was treated for minor injuries and released to a parent. The stabbing victim was transported to a local hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries.
No other information was released. Police are treating the incident as gang-related. Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to contact the Simi Valley Police Department at (805) 583-6950.
fight, arrest, stabbing, gang activity, ventura county news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- TSA expands Pre-Check screening program in LA 11 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 20 min ago
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients 46 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds