Ventura County News
Simi Valley assault, stabbing likely gang-related, 2 injured
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a juvenile was stabbed and a second assaulted with a baseball bat during a gang-related fight in Simi Valley Saturday.
Police responded to a fight call at the Arroyo Wash located north of Rancho Simi Community Park in the 1700 block of Royal Avenue around 4 p.m.
A citizen reported seeing several gang-related suspects appearing to be posturing for a fight.
As officers arrived, they found a fight in progress. Authorities said a juvenile was assaulted with a baseball bat and a second victim had been stabbed.
Officers located and arrested the juvenile suspect who was assaulting the juvenile with a baseball bat.
The juvenile who was assaulted with the baseball bat was treated for minor injuries and released to a parent. The stabbing victim was transported to a local hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries.
No other information was released. Police are treating the incident as gang-related. Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to contact the Simi Valley Police Department at (805) 583-6950.
fight, arrest, stabbing, gang activity, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 13 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will 38 min ago
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
- 'Ransomware' holds encrypted data for money
46 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
21 min ago