Ventura County News
1 arrested, 2 outstanding after pursuit through Santa Barbara and Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- One suspect was arrested and two remain outstanding following a chase that ended with the suspects fleeing on foot in Ventura Friday.
Investigators said Ventura police were notified that Santa Barbara deputies were in pursuit of a Jeep traveling over 100 mph on the southbound 101 Freeway around 1:30 a.m. The pursuit traveled through Ventura as the suspects exited the freeway.
A witness told deputies they observed one of the suspects toss a handgun out of the fleeing vehicle at this time.
Responding Ventura officers recovered a loaded firearm in the 500 block of Cedar Street.
Authorities said three men jumped out of the Jeep in the 100 block of North Kalorama Street. The Jeep continued on and hit an unoccupied parked vehicle as the suspects fled on foot.
Authorities set up a perimeter to search for the suspects but only found the alleged driver, identified as Edward Salvador, 23, of Oxnard.
Salvador was found hiding in a detached garage of a residence in the 800 block of Poli Street. The suspect ignored repeated commands to surrender so a Ventura police K-9 was deployed to apprehend the suspect.
The search ended after 90 minutes and the two outstanding suspects were not located.
Salvador was transported to the Ventura County Medical Center for minor injuries he received during the K-9 deployment. Upon his release, he was turned over to the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Department and charged for felony evading.
The investigation is ongoing.
car chase, pursuit, ventura county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 32 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 20 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal 38 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis