Ventura County News
Woman sexually assaulted during morning jog in Santa Paula
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A female jogger was sexually assaulted in Santa Paula Monday morning, and detectives were looking for the suspect, the Ventura County Sheriff's Department said.
The woman was jogging along Santa Paula Street near Peck Road around 9 a.m. when a man with a knife forced her into a nearby orchard and sexually assaulted her, investigators said. The suspect was last seen running toward Briggs Road.
The victim sustained minor injuries and did not require medical attention.
The suspect was described as a white male, between 20 and 30 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall, with a medium build. He was seen wearing dark clothing, including a hooded sweatshirt.
According to the sheriff's department, a similar incident was reported in the same area back in February. The suspect in that case was described as a Hispanic male, between 35 and 45 years old, with a large belly.
Sheriff's detectives said they have not ruled out the possibility that the two incidents could be related.
Anyone with information about the assault or suspect was asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477. A reward of up to $1,000 is being offered for information that leads to the suspect's arrest.
sexual assault, ventura county news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 23 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 12 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis