Ventura County News
Woman sexually assaulted during morning jog in Santa Paula
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A female jogger was sexually assaulted in Santa Paula Monday morning, and detectives were looking for the suspect, the Ventura County Sheriff's Department said.
The woman was jogging along Santa Paula Street near Peck Road around 9 a.m. when a man with a knife forced her into a nearby orchard and sexually assaulted her, investigators said. The suspect was last seen running toward Briggs Road.
The victim sustained minor injuries and did not require medical attention.
The suspect was described as a white male, between 20 and 30 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall, with a medium build. He was seen wearing dark clothing, including a hooded sweatshirt.
According to the sheriff's department, a similar incident was reported in the same area back in February. The suspect in that case was described as a Hispanic male, between 35 and 45 years old, with a large belly.
Sheriff's detectives said they have not ruled out the possibility that the two incidents could be related.
Anyone with information about the assault or suspect was asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477. A reward of up to $1,000 is being offered for information that leads to the suspect's arrest.
sexual assault, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 1 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere