Ventura County News
Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in his 70s was killed when an Amtrak train collided with his car in Oxnard.
The crash happened around 8:45 p.m. Friday at Rose Avenue, just north of Fifth Street. Police say the man's Dodge Charger was stopped on the tracks for unknown reasons.
No one on the train was injured. Debris from the crash hit other cars nearby, but no one else was hurt.
It is unknown if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the collision.
An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call Oxnard police at (805) 385-7750.
ventura county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land 28 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video