Ventura County News
Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man in his 70s was killed when an Amtrak train collided with his car in Oxnard.
The crash happened around 8:45 p.m. Friday at Rose Avenue, just north of Fifth Street. Police say the man's Dodge Charger was stopped on the tracks for unknown reasons.
No one on the train was injured. Debris from the crash hit other cars nearby, but no one else was hurt.
It is unknown if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the collision.
An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call Oxnard police at (805) 385-7750.
ventura county news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 36 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested 11 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy 49 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke