Ventura County News
Boy on bicycle killed by semi-truck in Simi Valley
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A 12-year-old boy on a bicycle was struck and killed by a semi-truck in Simi Valley on Saturday night.
Police said the truck hit the child around 7:30 p.m. near Tapo and Alamo streets. The boy was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators were trying to determine the cause of the accident. Police said the driver, who had just left a dock at a Fresh & Easy supermarket, was cooperating.
The boy was accompanied by an 8-year-old friend who witnessed the accident. The friend was not hurt.
ventura county news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event