Ventura County News
Man stabbed in chest by roommate in Oxnard - police
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a man was stabbed in the chest by his roommate in Oxnard on Wednesday.
The stabbing happened around 8:15 a.m. in the 2100 block of South Victoria Avenue. Police were called to the home, where they found the 67-year-old victim stabbed in his chest.
After receiving treatment at the scene, the victim was transported to Ventura County Medical Center. Police say his wound did not appear to be life-threatening.
The suspect, 72-year-old Michel Myer, was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
It is unclear what led to the incident.
An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7600.
stabbing, arrest, ventura county news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 14 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 25 min ago
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion 32 min ago
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
59 min ago