Ventura County News
Man stabbed in chest by roommate in Oxnard - police
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a man was stabbed in the chest by his roommate in Oxnard on Wednesday.
The stabbing happened around 8:15 a.m. in the 2100 block of South Victoria Avenue. Police were called to the home, where they found the 67-year-old victim stabbed in his chest.
After receiving treatment at the scene, the victim was transported to Ventura County Medical Center. Police say his wound did not appear to be life-threatening.
The suspect, 72-year-old Michel Myer, was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
It is unclear what led to the incident.
An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7600.
stabbing, arrest, ventura county news
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 2 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- Holiday crackdown on jaywalking in downtown LA
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case 1 min ago
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing 36 min ago
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot 23 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
25 min ago
- Year-end tax tips that could save you money
40 min ago