Ventura County News
Craigslist ad for marijuana leads to arrest in Meiners Oaks
MEINERS OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Meiners Oaks man was arrested Tuesday in connection with marijuana cultivation after authorities said they found him advertising pot for sale online.
Ojai patrol deputies with the Ventura County Sheriff's Department saw an advertisement on Craigslist offering marijuana for sale. Investigators said they were able to identify the seller as William Pollick, 28, and found that he had a misdemeanor warrant for his arrest.
Deputies said they responded to Pollick's home in the 400 block of Mesa Drive to speak with him and found 21 marijuana plants being cultivated in a room. Narcotics detectives were later called to the residence to serve a search warrant.
Pollick was arrested on suspicion of cultivating marijuana and the misdemeanor warrant. He was booked into the Sheriff's Main Jail.
marijuana, marijuana growing, arrest, ventura county news
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film