Ventura County News
Craigslist ad for marijuana leads to arrest in Meiners Oaks
MEINERS OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Meiners Oaks man was arrested Tuesday in connection with marijuana cultivation after authorities said they found him advertising pot for sale online.
Ojai patrol deputies with the Ventura County Sheriff's Department saw an advertisement on Craigslist offering marijuana for sale. Investigators said they were able to identify the seller as William Pollick, 28, and found that he had a misdemeanor warrant for his arrest.
Deputies said they responded to Pollick's home in the 400 block of Mesa Drive to speak with him and found 21 marijuana plants being cultivated in a room. Narcotics detectives were later called to the residence to serve a search warrant.
Pollick was arrested on suspicion of cultivating marijuana and the misdemeanor warrant. He was booked into the Sheriff's Main Jail.
marijuana, marijuana growing, arrest, ventura county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role