Ventura County News
Simi Valley shooting: 2 wounded; suspect dead
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way Tuesday after two shooting victims and a deceased suspect were found in Simi Valley.
Authorities responded to the 2700 block of Machado Street at 7:30 a.m. and found two people who had been shot.
Police say the 52-year-old suspect is dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Two victims, a 72-year-old woman and 65-year-old man, were hospitalized with serious injuries. Hospital officials say they are the suspect's mother and stepfather.
The woman, shot in the stomach, was in critical but stable condition Tuesday night. The man was shot in the arm and chest, and was in serious but stable condition.
shooting, ventura county news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights 14 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report