Ventura County News
Simi Valley shooting: 2 wounded; suspect dead
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way Tuesday after two shooting victims and a deceased suspect were found in Simi Valley.
Authorities responded to the 2700 block of Machado Street at 7:30 a.m. and found two people who had been shot.
Police say the 52-year-old suspect is dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Two victims, a 72-year-old woman and 65-year-old man, were hospitalized with serious injuries. Hospital officials say they are the suspect's mother and stepfather.
The woman, shot in the stomach, was in critical but stable condition Tuesday night. The man was shot in the arm and chest, and was in serious but stable condition.
shooting, ventura county news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown 14 min ago
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present