Ventura County News
Oxnard teen arrested for auto burglary, caught breaking into vehicles
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old was arrested for auto burglary after he was caught tampering with a window of a parked vehicle in Oxnard Saturday.
Police responded to a radio call of a subject looking into parked vehicles with a flashlight in the 300 block of North Rose Avenue around 3:55 a.m.
When officers arrived, they found the underage suspect tampering with the passenger side window of a parked vehicle.
Police detained the 17-year-old and found he was concealing a replica firearm in his front waistband. The suspect was also in possession of a pair of gloves and a utility tool.
During the later investigation, officers determined the suspect had forced entry into another vehicle and removed property.
He was taken to juvenile hall for auto burglary and possession of a replica firearm.
burglary, ventura county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 7 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 33 min ago
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 52 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 14 min ago
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis