Ventura County News
Oxnard shootings reported: 1 dead, 1 wounded
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- One man was hospitalized and another is dead following reports of gunfire near Syracuse and Lincoln in Oxnard Sunday.
Oxnard police officers responded to a report of shots fired at 11:58 a.m. on the 4500 block of Syracuse Drive near Lincoln Court.
Officers found a 39-year-old man outside with several gunshot wounds. He was hospitalized in stable condition at Ventura County Medical Center.
Police set up a perimeter. During the investigation, police focused on a residence possibly connected to the shooting. A SWAT team was summoned to the scene.
SWAT officers made entry and found a dead man in his late 30s inside a residence. It was not immediately announced how the man died.
Neighbors said a loud argument was heard inside a recreational vehicle. Three shots were followed by several more, said one neighbor.
The incident was under investigation Sunday night.
Anyone with information related to the case should ccall Detective Ken Tougas at (805) 200-5669. If you wish to remain anonymous you may call the violent crimes hotline at (805) 982-7070 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
shooting, ventura county news, amy powell
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant 37 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis