Ventura County News
Oxnard shootings reported: 1 dead, 1 wounded
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- One man was hospitalized and another is dead following reports of gunfire near Syracuse and Lincoln in Oxnard Sunday.
Oxnard police officers responded to a report of shots fired at 11:58 a.m. on the 4500 block of Syracuse Drive near Lincoln Court.
Officers found a 39-year-old man outside with several gunshot wounds. He was hospitalized in stable condition at Ventura County Medical Center.
Police set up a perimeter. During the investigation, police focused on a residence possibly connected to the shooting. A SWAT team was summoned to the scene.
SWAT officers made entry and found a dead man in his late 30s inside a residence. It was not immediately announced how the man died.
Neighbors said a loud argument was heard inside a recreational vehicle. Three shots were followed by several more, said one neighbor.
The incident was under investigation Sunday night.
Anyone with information related to the case should ccall Detective Ken Tougas at (805) 200-5669. If you wish to remain anonymous you may call the violent crimes hotline at (805) 982-7070 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
shooting, ventura county news, amy powell
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law 21 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
46 min ago