Ventura County News
Oxnard shootings reported: 1 dead, 1 wounded
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- One man was hospitalized and another is dead following reports of gunfire near Syracuse and Lincoln in Oxnard Sunday.
Oxnard police officers responded to a report of shots fired at 11:58 a.m. on the 4500 block of Syracuse Drive near Lincoln Court.
Officers found a 39-year-old man outside with several gunshot wounds. He was hospitalized in stable condition at Ventura County Medical Center.
Police set up a perimeter. During the investigation, police focused on a residence possibly connected to the shooting. A SWAT team was summoned to the scene.
SWAT officers made entry and found a dead man in his late 30s inside a residence. It was not immediately announced how the man died.
Neighbors said a loud argument was heard inside a recreational vehicle. Three shots were followed by several more, said one neighbor.
The incident was under investigation Sunday night.
Anyone with information related to the case should ccall Detective Ken Tougas at (805) 200-5669. If you wish to remain anonymous you may call the violent crimes hotline at (805) 982-7070 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
shooting, ventura county news, amy powell
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
14 min ago