Ventura County News
Oxnard man stabbed during carjacking; suspects on the run
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is recovering after he was stabbed during a carjacking in Oxnard. The incident was reported just before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday on the 500 block of East 2nd Street.
Oxnard police say the 26-year-old was approached by two or three men and stabbed by one of them. Officers say the suspects then took the victim's 2000 Nissan Sentra. The car was later found abandoned.
The victim, a resident of Oxnard, was transported to Ventura County Medical Center to be treated for a stab wound. He remains in stable condition.
Police continue to look for the suspects, who have only been described as men between 18 and 20 years old.
Anyone with information was asked to contact Oxnard police Sgt. Alex Arnett at (805) 486-6211.
stabbing, ventura county news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event