Ventura County News
Ventura prowler caught in act by police
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- An 18-year-old man was arrested for prowling and vandalism after he was caught attempting to break into a home in Ventura Saturday.
Police responded to a call of a prowler attempting to gain entry through the front door of a residence in the 100 block of South Pacific Avenue around 6:30 a.m.
The suspect, later identified as Simon De Los Santos, 18, of Ventura, broke a windowpane in the door in an attempt to gain entry into the residence.
The victim fled out the back door of her home during the incident.
Responding officers found the suspect on the front porch.
De Los Santos was arrested and booked for prowling and vandalism at the Ventura County Jail.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
burglary, arrest, vandalism, ventura county news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 13 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 24 min ago
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat 23 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 17 min ago
- Highway dedicated to detective Jeremiah MacKay
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler