Ventura County News
Ventura prowler caught in act by police
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- An 18-year-old man was arrested for prowling and vandalism after he was caught attempting to break into a home in Ventura Saturday.
Police responded to a call of a prowler attempting to gain entry through the front door of a residence in the 100 block of South Pacific Avenue around 6:30 a.m.
The suspect, later identified as Simon De Los Santos, 18, of Ventura, broke a windowpane in the door in an attempt to gain entry into the residence.
The victim fled out the back door of her home during the incident.
Responding officers found the suspect on the front porch.
De Los Santos was arrested and booked for prowling and vandalism at the Ventura County Jail.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
burglary, arrest, vandalism, ventura county news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 25 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 52 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 40 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 11 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker 32 min ago