Ventura County News
Ventura prowler caught in act by police
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- An 18-year-old man was arrested for prowling and vandalism after he was caught attempting to break into a home in Ventura Saturday.
Police responded to a call of a prowler attempting to gain entry through the front door of a residence in the 100 block of South Pacific Avenue around 6:30 a.m.
The suspect, later identified as Simon De Los Santos, 18, of Ventura, broke a windowpane in the door in an attempt to gain entry into the residence.
The victim fled out the back door of her home during the incident.
Responding officers found the suspect on the front porch.
De Los Santos was arrested and booked for prowling and vandalism at the Ventura County Jail.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
burglary, arrest, vandalism, ventura county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 39 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 20 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 27 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Local mountains get fresh blanket of snow
52 min ago
- Jeremy Renner discusses future roles
42 min ago