Ventura County News
Oxnard man wanted on drug warrant arrested
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- An Oxnard man wanted on an outstanding warrant for felony possession of narcotics has been arrested.
Members of the Ventura County Auto Theft Task Force found 27-year-old Juan Rodriguez in a 2006 Cadillac sedan in the 3900 block of South A Street in Oxnard Friday afternoon. When officers attempted to stop him, he ran through backyards in the 1100 block of Spruce Street and hid, police said.
Neighbors said that Rodriguez was possibly in possession of a handgun, according to police. The Ventura County Sheriff's Department helicopter was brought in to help officers search for him.
Rodriguez was later found in the backyard of a home. He was arrested without further incident.
arrest, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 25 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 8 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere