Ventura County News
Oxnard man wanted on drug warrant arrested
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- An Oxnard man wanted on an outstanding warrant for felony possession of narcotics has been arrested.
Members of the Ventura County Auto Theft Task Force found 27-year-old Juan Rodriguez in a 2006 Cadillac sedan in the 3900 block of South A Street in Oxnard Friday afternoon. When officers attempted to stop him, he ran through backyards in the 1100 block of Spruce Street and hid, police said.
Neighbors said that Rodriguez was possibly in possession of a handgun, according to police. The Ventura County Sheriff's Department helicopter was brought in to help officers search for him.
Rodriguez was later found in the backyard of a home. He was arrested without further incident.
arrest, ventura county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant 18 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis