Ventura County News
Oxnard man wanted on drug warrant arrested
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- An Oxnard man wanted on an outstanding warrant for felony possession of narcotics has been arrested.
Members of the Ventura County Auto Theft Task Force found 27-year-old Juan Rodriguez in a 2006 Cadillac sedan in the 3900 block of South A Street in Oxnard Friday afternoon. When officers attempted to stop him, he ran through backyards in the 1100 block of Spruce Street and hid, police said.
Neighbors said that Rodriguez was possibly in possession of a handgun, according to police. The Ventura County Sheriff's Department helicopter was brought in to help officers search for him.
Rodriguez was later found in the backyard of a home. He was arrested without further incident.
arrest, ventura county news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 23 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside 15 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected 36 min ago
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat 23 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler