Ventura County News
Marijuana bust in Los Padres National Forest: 3 arrested
LOS PADRES NATIONAL FOREST (KABC) -- Three Kern County men have been arrested following a major marijuana bust in Ventura County.
In May, a Ventura County sheriff's helicopter and narcotics detectives found several large marijuana cultivation operations in the Los Padres National Forest, along the north slope of Pine Mountain. Since then, more than 55,000 marijuana plants from seven illegal growing operations have been confiscated. The street value of the seized plants is estimated at $165 million.
During a surveillance operation, two people were seen walking away from a marijuana garden. Jorge Pucnetapi, 28, of Lamont was contacted by detectives and arrested for marijuana cultivation, according to sheriff's officials. The second suspect has not been located.
A short time later, a vehicle arrived in the area. The driver, identified as Alfredo Sanchez, 36, of Taft was found in possession of food and plant fertilizers, officials said. Detectives arrested Sanchez because they believe he was dropping off supplies to those working in the marijuana garden.
Authorities continued their investigation and arrested Jose Figueroa, 23, of Bakersfield at his home after he was seen dropping off workers at the marijuana garden, officials said. A search warrant was served at his home, and detectives said they found a pound of processed marijuana, cultivation equipment and a handgun.
arrest, marijuana, ventura county news
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage 22 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
7 min ago