Ventura County News
Oxnard stabbing sends man to hospital; police look for suspect
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are looking for a suspect who stabbed a 27-year-old man in Oxnard Friday night.
Oxnard police said the victim was walking in an alley on the 900 block of Cooper Road around 7:30 p.m. when a man grabbed him from behind. The victim told officers that a struggle ensued and the suspect stabbed him.
The victim, an Oxnard resident, sustained multiple stab wounds to his neck and back, but his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening, police said. He was taken to St. John's Regional Medical Center for treatment.
The male suspect was described as being in his early 20s, wearing a white shirt and black pants. Investigators said it's not known if the suspect intended to rob the victim.
Anyone with information on this case was asked to contact Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (805) 222-8477.
stabbing, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 35 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought 46 min ago
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere