Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks motorcycle chase ends in fatal crash
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A motorcycle chase in Thousand Oaks came to a deadly end on Saturday night.
The incident started when the California Highway Patrol tried to stop the motorcyclist for speeding on the southbound 101 Freeway near Wendy Drive.
The motorcyclist got off the freeway, but refused to stop and led officers on a short pursuit. The rider was killed after losing control of his bike and crashing on Rancho Dos Vientos.
Authorities say he had been going about 100 mph. His identity has not been released.
pursuit, ventura county news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained 49 min ago
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 11 min ago
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested 15 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)