Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks motorcycle chase ends in fatal crash
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A motorcycle chase in Thousand Oaks came to a deadly end on Saturday night.
The incident started when the California Highway Patrol tried to stop the motorcyclist for speeding on the southbound 101 Freeway near Wendy Drive.
The motorcyclist got off the freeway, but refused to stop and led officers on a short pursuit. The rider was killed after losing control of his bike and crashing on Rancho Dos Vientos.
Authorities say he had been going about 100 mph. His identity has not been released.
pursuit, ventura county news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 41 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 14 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search 55 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge 46 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's powerful healing effects on wounded... 26 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors 59 min ago
- Cool Kid fixes up batting cages for community
31 min ago