Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks motorcycle chase ends in fatal crash
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A motorcycle chase in Thousand Oaks came to a deadly end on Saturday night.
The incident started when the California Highway Patrol tried to stop the motorcyclist for speeding on the southbound 101 Freeway near Wendy Drive.
The motorcyclist got off the freeway, but refused to stop and led officers on a short pursuit. The rider was killed after losing control of his bike and crashing on Rancho Dos Vientos.
Authorities say he had been going about 100 mph. His identity has not been released.
pursuit, ventura county news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 6 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead 14 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis