Ventura County News
Police arrest Ventura man on suspicion of punching someone on promenade
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Officers arrested a man on suspicion of assaulting someone on the Ventura beach promenade on Tuesday, inflicting several injuries, according to the Ventura Police Department.
Police said two vagrants became involved in an argument on the promenade around 8:45 a.m. between Paso De Playa and Surfer's Point. During the argument, one man allegedly punched the other, causing a deep laceration above the victim's right eye, a broken nose and a possible concussion.
After the two men left the promenade in different directions, police said a bystander called 911 to report that a man who looked seriously injured was at the intersection of Harbor Boulevard and California Street.
The Ventura City Fire Department responded, but the 39-year-old victim refused treatment and fled on foot, according to police. Officers then arrived to the area and found the victim on Harbor near the 101 Freeway.
His injuries were treated at the scene, and then he was taken to Ventura County Medical Center, where he was treated and released a few hours later.
Patrol officers found the suspect near the bus depot on Telegraph Road at about 2:20 p.m., according to police. Christopher Cofield, 24, was arrested without incident and booked at the Ventura County Main Jail on suspicion of battery with serious bodily harm.
arrest, ventura county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 52 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 6 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 31 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)