Ventura County News
Santa Paula shooting suspect surrenders to police
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Paula man surrendered to police after admitting to shooting and wounding another man.
Shortly after 8 p.m. Saturday, officers with the Santa Paula Police Department received a call about a gunshot victim in the 100 block of Sonoma Lane. When investigators arrived on scene, they contacted Samuel Medina, who told officers that he had "shot someone." The 40-year-old was taken into custody.
Officers then found the victim, 21-year-old Antonio Purcallo, inside a home with a single gunshot wound to the abdomen. He was treated on scene and transported to Ventura County Medical Center.
Media was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and taken to Ventura County Jail.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact Santa Paula police.
shooting, arrest, ventura county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery 24 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
14 min ago