Ventura County News
Ventura DUI suspect crashes into several cars, building - police
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man suspected of driving under the influence was arrested after crashing into several vehicles and a structure in Ventura early Saturday morning, authorities said.
Multiple people called 911 around 1:30 a.m. to report a hit-and-run crash. According to Ventura police, the callers said that the driver crashed into a parked vehicle at Telephone and Hill roads and then left the scene of the accident.
Witnesses followed the vehicle as it hit at least 12 parked cars and a stop sign, police said. The vehicle stopped after it crashed into a building on the 6900 block of 8th Street, according to police.
The driver was identified as Ronald Dockery, 44, of Ventura. He was transported to Ventura County Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening. Dockery was later booked at the Ventura County Jail on suspicion of DUI and multiple counts of leaving the scene of an accident.
No one else was hurt during the incident.
arrest, dui, car crash, ventura county news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants