Ventura County News
Ventura assault lands suspect behind bars
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A male suspect was arrested for assaulting a man who confronted him as he stole metal lettering from the exterior of a Ventura apartment complex, authorities said.
The man witnessed the suspect allegedly removing the large letters near Portola Road and Thille Street around 1:45 a.m. Saturday. When he walked up to the suspect, he was struck several times with a metal object, Ventura police said.
The victim, who suffered non-life-threatening injuries, was able to retrieve the letters before the suspect ran away.
Police received a tip that the suspect was possibly in the same area Sunday afternoon. Officers responded and arrested Michael Parsons, 44, of Ventura. He was later booked into the Ventura County Jail on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and a parole violation.
Anyone with additional information about this case was asked to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
arrest, ventura county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching 5 min ago
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 40 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame 30 min ago
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis