Ventura County News
Suspects detained for Ariz. warrants arrested for Camarillo robbery
CAMARILLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Two people detained in Camarillo were determined to be suspects in a phone store robbery in the city and wanted in Arizona in a murder investigation.
Pedro Marcilino Hernandez, 38, and Yadira Garcia-Hernandez, 31, were detained by Ventura County Sheriff's deputies on July 27. The deputies determined the two were wanted in Arizona for felony warrants and questioning in a murder investigation. The two were arrested and booked to await extradition.
While in custody, investigators compared surveillance footage captured during a Boost Mobile store robbery committed on July 12 in Camarillo. The two suspects were identified as the alleged perpetrators of that crime.
The two were subsequently arrested for armed robbery, conspiracy to commit a crime, false imprisonment and unlawful taking/driving of a vehicle.
During the store robbery, Pedro allegedly tied up a store clerk at knifepoint while Yadira acted as lookout. The two allegedly stole cash and merchandise, then drove away in the employee's car and later abandoned it.
Anyone with information regarding the crimes committed on July 12, 2013, at Boost Mobile, is encouraged to contact Detective Sergeant John J. Gleason at (805) 384-4727. If you wish to remain anonymous, Ventura County Crime Stoppers will pay up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and criminal complaint against persons responsible for crimes such as this one. The caller may remain anonymous and the call is not recorded. The number for Crime Stoppers is 800-222-TIPS (8477).
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video