Ventura County News
Suspects detained for Ariz. warrants arrested for Camarillo robbery
CAMARILLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Two people detained in Camarillo were determined to be suspects in a phone store robbery in the city and wanted in Arizona in a murder investigation.
Pedro Marcilino Hernandez, 38, and Yadira Garcia-Hernandez, 31, were detained by Ventura County Sheriff's deputies on July 27. The deputies determined the two were wanted in Arizona for felony warrants and questioning in a murder investigation. The two were arrested and booked to await extradition.
While in custody, investigators compared surveillance footage captured during a Boost Mobile store robbery committed on July 12 in Camarillo. The two suspects were identified as the alleged perpetrators of that crime.
The two were subsequently arrested for armed robbery, conspiracy to commit a crime, false imprisonment and unlawful taking/driving of a vehicle.
During the store robbery, Pedro allegedly tied up a store clerk at knifepoint while Yadira acted as lookout. The two allegedly stole cash and merchandise, then drove away in the employee's car and later abandoned it.
Anyone with information regarding the crimes committed on July 12, 2013, at Boost Mobile, is encouraged to contact Detective Sergeant John J. Gleason at (805) 384-4727. If you wish to remain anonymous, Ventura County Crime Stoppers will pay up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and criminal complaint against persons responsible for crimes such as this one. The caller may remain anonymous and the call is not recorded. The number for Crime Stoppers is 800-222-TIPS (8477).
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)