Ventura County News
Moorpark man posed as female, allegedly tried luring male minor online
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-year-old Moorpark man who posed as a female on the Internet is facing several charges including child luring and extortion.
Jeremy Sears was arrested near Mountain Meadow Park Thursday around 2:05 a.m.
According to police, Sears poses as a juvenile female on the Internet and struck up an online relationship with a male juvenile. The suspect then arranged a meeting at a local park.
When the male juvenile victim arrived, Sears attempted to engage the victim in inappropriate behavior.
The investigation revealed Sears attempted to engage the victim in inappropriate sexual conduct later in the same week. Police say the suspect attempted to use threats to gain compliance.
He was booked into the Ventura County Pre-Trial Detention Facility for child luring and extortion and is being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Officials say there may be additional victims. Anyone with information was urged to contact Detective Marty Luna at (805) 494-8229.
sex crimes, arrest, ventura county news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 9 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour