Ventura County News
Ventura man arrested for garage burglary
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 20-year-old Ventura man was arrested for prowling and possession of stolen property Sunday.
Police responded to the 400 block of Maple Street around 3:52 p.m. following a call of a garage burglary.
According to authorities, the victim, identified as Jamie Stewart, contacted police after he awoke to the sounds of a person rummaging around inside his garage.
Stewart told police he looked outside and saw property from his garage on his front lawn.
Responding officers canvassed the area in search of the suspect and observed a suspicious man riding a bicycle in the 100 block of Estates Avenue. The subject, later identified as Brendan Lanigan, fled as the officer attempted to make contact.
Lanigan was shortly found hiding in a front yard and booked into the Ventura County Main Jail after officers recovered several stolen items.
During the later investigation, police learned Lanigan had gained access into Stewart's unlocked vehicle on Maple Street and removed a garage door opener to enter his garage.
burglary, arrest, ventura county news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 39 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 1 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 18 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 29 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'