Ventura County News
Immigration agents investigate panga boat near Point Mugu Rock
POINT MUGU STATE PARK, VENTURA COUNTY (KABC) -- Agents with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are investigating a panga boat abandoned about 100 feet south of Point Mugu Rock.
California Highway Patrol officers got a call about the boat shortly after 6 a.m. Tuesday.
A total of six people were detained after they were seen walking away from the boat, but it remains unclear if they are connected to the panga. The individuals were taken into custody by ICE Homeland Security Investigations, officials said.
Authorities say there are no indications of drug smuggling.
The Ventura County Sheriff's Department is helping with the investigation.
malibu/pacific palisades, ventura county news
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing 4 min ago
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 58 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Website brings history of Los Angeles to life
35 min ago