Ventura County News
Immigration agents investigate panga boat near Point Mugu Rock
POINT MUGU STATE PARK, VENTURA COUNTY (KABC) -- Agents with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are investigating a panga boat abandoned about 100 feet south of Point Mugu Rock.
California Highway Patrol officers got a call about the boat shortly after 6 a.m. Tuesday.
A total of six people were detained after they were seen walking away from the boat, but it remains unclear if they are connected to the panga. The individuals were taken into custody by ICE Homeland Security Investigations, officials said.
Authorities say there are no indications of drug smuggling.
The Ventura County Sheriff's Department is helping with the investigation.
malibu/pacific palisades, ventura county news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds