Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks man arrested for multiple commercial, residential burglaries
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Thousand Oaks man was arrested on Friday, Aug. 23, on suspicion of committing multiple residential and commercial burglaries.
Sean Torbert, 27, was linked to numerous burglaries in Santa Barbara, Ventura and Los Angeles counties in an investigation conducted by sheriff's departments from each county.
Torbert was arrested in Los Angeles.
Over the past several months, there was an increase in residential burglaries in the Thousand Oaks and Newbury Park areas, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department. Members of the Thousand Oaks Police Investigations Unit and Special Enforcement Unit conducted an investigation on Torbert after evidence linked him to the crimes.
Further investigation is being done on Torbert's possible connection to other burglaries in the three counties. It's believed Torbert may have encountered residents inside or near their homes during un-reported attempted burglaries.
Anyone with information or who may have come into contact with Torbert to contact Detective Mike McConville with the Thousand Oaks Police Investigations Unit at (805) 494-8219.
arrest, burglary, ventura county news
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage 18 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
3 min ago