Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks man arrested for multiple commercial, residential burglaries
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Thousand Oaks man was arrested on Friday, Aug. 23, on suspicion of committing multiple residential and commercial burglaries.
Sean Torbert, 27, was linked to numerous burglaries in Santa Barbara, Ventura and Los Angeles counties in an investigation conducted by sheriff's departments from each county.
Torbert was arrested in Los Angeles.
Over the past several months, there was an increase in residential burglaries in the Thousand Oaks and Newbury Park areas, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department. Members of the Thousand Oaks Police Investigations Unit and Special Enforcement Unit conducted an investigation on Torbert after evidence linked him to the crimes.
Further investigation is being done on Torbert's possible connection to other burglaries in the three counties. It's believed Torbert may have encountered residents inside or near their homes during un-reported attempted burglaries.
Anyone with information or who may have come into contact with Torbert to contact Detective Mike McConville with the Thousand Oaks Police Investigations Unit at (805) 494-8219.
arrest, burglary, ventura county news
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 30 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 19 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)