Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks investigation nets weapon, graffiti, drug, child endangerment arrests
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Thousand Oaks traffic stop led to a search warrant and three arrests for drug possession and graffiti vandalism Friday.
Thousand Oaks Police conducted a month-long investigation of documented criminal street gang member and convicted felon in August. Police pulled over Thousand Oaks resident Carlos Contreras, 27, on Friday morning. Contreras was arrested for possessing a switchblade knife.
A search warrant was then obtained for his residence, located on the 1000 block of Calle Almendro. Ammunition was found, adding a charge of ammo possession by a convicted felon.
Investigators also found graffiti-type drawings that resembled recently removed graffiti from around the city. Contreras was also arrested for graffiti vandalism, closing a 2-and-a-half year-long investigation into 90 graffiti incidents.
Marijuana, numerous prescription narcotics and drug paraphernalia were also found in the residence. Michelle McLaughlin, 26, and Lance McLaughlin, 27, also reside in the location with their three children. Due to the presence of drugs, paraphernalia and the unsanitary living conditions, the children were taken into protective custody by Child Protective Services.
Michelle and Lance McLaughlin were arrested for child endangerment, possession of concentrated cannabis, and being under the influence of a controlled substance. They were held on $50,000 bail each.
arrest, children's health, vandalism, ventura county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 25 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis