Ventura County News
Man killed in Ventura County deputy-involved shooting identified
VENTURA COUNTY, Calif. (KABC) -- Detectives have released the name of the man shot and killed by a Ventura County sheriff's deputy on Saturday.
The shooting happened shortly before 5 p.m. near Ventura Avenue and Fraser Lane
The man who was killed has been identified as 21-year-old Devon Costa of Simi Valley.
It all started with a report of a man waving his hands and shouting in the street. A female deputy responded, and a struggle ensued. Investigators say the suspect started punching the deputy. Her dog then attacked the man, who allegedly continued to assault the deputy.
At one point, the deputy says the man went for her gun. That's when she shot him, sending him to the hospital. The man was pronounced dead a short time later.
The deputy sustained minor injuries during the incident.
shooting, deputy-involved shooting, ventura county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video