Ventura County News
Man shot dead by Port Hueneme police claimed he had a gun
PORT HUENEME, Calif. (KABC) -- Port Hueneme police say former bodyguard Michael Deluca claimed he had a gun before officers fatally shot him during a confrontation last week.
Officials say after receiving several 911 calls on Friday, they confronted Deluca at the scene of a traffic accident.
Police say Deluca was not cooperative and told officers that he had a gun.
Officers first used a Taser in an effort to subdue him. Port Hueneme police say they then used deadly force when Deluca's actions escalated.
The Ventura County District Attorney's Office is continuing its independent investigation.
officer-involved shooting, ventura county news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 22 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 25 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
38 min ago