Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks home burglary suspects arrested
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men from Oxnard have been arrested in connection to a home burglary in the 300 block of Mesa Avenue in Thousand Oaks.
Monday at about 11 a.m., Thousand Oaks police received a call about a burglary in progress. Investigators say the homeowner returned home to see two men leaving out of the front door of his home.
After the homeowner reported the descriptions of the suspects and their vehicle, police set up a perimeter. Within about 40 minutes, a patrol unit spotted the suspects' car near La Grange Avenue and Lynn Road and pulled them over.
The driver, 19-year-old Eric Barker, and the passenger, 23-year-old Roberto Torres, were detained and positively identified by the victim as well as witnesses. Investigators found evidence in the suspects' car that linked them to the residential burglary on Mesa Avenue.
Thousand Oaks police are still investigating to determine whether these suspects are involved in other recent residential burglaries in the area. If you have any information about this or similar crimes, you're urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
burglary, arrest, ventura county news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke